A dental veneer is a thin, tooth-shaped piece of porcelain that is custom fabricated to fit over the front surface of a tooth. They are used to improve the aesthetics of imperfect teeth. They are used to treat discolored, crooked, or misshapen teeth and to close gaps between teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Veneers?
- Veneers are resistant to staining, making them a great option for teeth that are naturally yellow.
- Veneers can last for up to 15 years when properly cared for.
- Veneers are a great choice for teeth that are misaligned, have gaps, or do not close properly.
- Veneers are custom-made for your smile, so your smile will look completely natural.
- Veneers do not hurt or require anesthesia, so they are a great choice for patients with dental anxiety.
- Veneers can be made in a variety of shades, so you can choose the color that you desire.
How Do Veneers Work?
First, our dentist will examine and make an impression of your teeth. Then, you’ll be fitted with a set of temporary veneers to wear until your custom set of veneers is ready. Once your permanent veneers are ready, our dentist will remove the temporary ones and then bond the permanent ones to your teeth using a dental bonding agent.
Are Veneers Right for Me?
Veneers are a cosmetic dentistry treatment that can address a number of dental imperfections and issues. They are thin shells made from porcelain or composite material that is bonded over the front surface of your teeth.
Veneers can fix the following issues:
- Chipped teeth
- Uneven or slightly misshapen teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Misshapen or irregularly shaped teeth
- Discoloration or staining
- Misaligned teeth
How Do I Care for My Veneers?
Your veneers require the same care your natural teeth do. You should brush them twice a day with non-abrasive toothpaste. You should also floss daily. Veneers are not resistant to stains, so you should avoid smoking and drinking dark beverages. These can stain your veneers and your natural teeth. While veneers are considered a durable cosmetic dental restoration, this doesn’t mean that they will last forever. On average, they last for 10 to 15 years when properly cared for.
To find out more about the dental services we offer at Paramount Dental Care, call (561) 844-7735 or schedule your consultation online. You can also visit us at 400 Executive Center Drive #103, West Palm Beach, FL 33401.